Monday, April 24, 2006

Tough Day In Work

I have been working for one month. My job is tough. I have to finish assigned task before I can go back home. Today, I make a mistake and delete some record in database which is a data repository shared by everybody in my office. People start to trigger the loss of data. I confess myself when I know the data was loss. People were having problem the whole day. I am so sorry. But I didn't apologize to anyone because I have no chance to do that. My boss kept scolding me and kept apologize for me to others. Everyone seem troubled by me. In fact I haven't successfully built up any relationship with my colleagues due to my super heavy workload. I consider it super heavy because I found it is hard and difficult personally.

Today is a bad day, anyhow, I am used to scolding by people all day long. I found apologize useless. People just can't forgive. Some more, I am not very good in apologize. I think I am both pride and shy. Am I a fail product? I shouldn't think this way because this offence the creator. Everybody around me is tough? Or I am simply a failure? Or this is life for everyone? Do you see the reasoning behind this? Everybody making everyone life miserable. That is the reality of our world. I am sorry to ignore the second possibility. ^_^

(Leviticus 19:18) Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never thought you are having a hard time now.

Well, human makes mistakes, this is very common. If you think you have done something wrong, apologize, and try not to make the same mistake again next time. That's it. You have done your part. Whether others forgive you or not, that's not your matter, it's all up to them.

I always believe forgiving is a good attitude, but not everyone has it, so if possible, forgive those who do not forgive you too.

Everyone is learning throughout the whole process. No one can be successful in day 1. So, never judge yourself as a failure. It's not end of the day. and also, success doesn't only count on your working skill, right?

You gotta cheer up yourself, before you can light up others' lives...... ^_^

Take care!

Hao Zhi said...

leeka, i strongly agree with you. Just do ur best yap. I support u my database man! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi.
Boey here.
Actually i am also always make mistake in my life.
But also no point to regret already. Because it already happend.
So the only thing can do is manage it better to make our own feel better.
The thing over already let it pass.
Don't think so much. Get the experience lah, if you don't do the mistake before how u know that is wrong and how u can learn from that.
Hehe...
actually i am also still in the learning stage. So Yap 'Kam Bah Teh'

CodeOfMine said...

Keep your chin up, be happy, encourage yourself and you shall find encouragement. Be happy and you shall find joy. Focus on the little things that keeps you going and things will lighten up considerably.
=)

You are a special person with your very own special gifts and uniqueness. It does not necessary mean other people scold or don't agree or say you are wrong means you are wrong. Believe in yourself and trust in the big guy up there.

CodeOfMine said...

Oh yeah, one last word. hehe... I really can blah my mouth a lot when I want to. =P

'Failure' is just another word to mean 'chance to learn' or 'chance to grow'. There's no such thing as failure except what we put in our minds and hearts.

Take care my friend. =P Won't be seeing me online for some time. The darn TM keep giving problem in installing phone line. =(