Sunday, July 10, 2005

Terrorist Attack

Everybody know what happened in London couple of day ago. London is under terrorist attack. What is our response as a christian? It is loss of life. People are lossing their love one. If somebody have a sword and kill my father in front of me, what is my response? Am I too afraid and run away? Am I take up another sword and kill the murderer, replace his title as a murderer? What is your response as a person, as a son?

Let's make it clear. I will not kill what so ever. I do not dare to do that. I will not do that. I must not do that. God say it is not the right thing to do. The first principle is I am not killing anyone.

Should I run away? No, the murder already kill my father, he is likely to kill my mother soon. I am to defense my mother. I think the murderer is not going to repent because he is coming to kill again. I am going to defense by take away his ability to attack not by taking away his life, may be just his hand or what so ever.

As a conclusion, if people offence me, first thing is to check whether the people is repent. No choice I have to forgive if the people repent, since I am not too good compare to the people. If not, I am going to defense by disarm the people without taking his life.

Am I right this way?

(Acts 7:23-28) "When Moses was forty years old, he decided to visit his fellow Israelites. He saw one of them being mistreated by an Egyptian, so he went to his defense and avenged him by killing the Egyptian. Moses thought that his own people would realize that God was using him to rescue them, but they did not. The next day Moses came upon two Israelites who were fighting. He tried to reconcile them by saying, `Men, you are brothers; why do you want to hurt each other?" But the man who was mistreating the other pushed Moses aside and said, "Who made you ruler and judge over us? Do you want to kill me as you killed the Egyptian yesterday?"

No comments: