Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grandfather Gift

www.reverendfun.com

There is a sales of chair made of rope and bamboo. Old people like this kind of chair very much. Me either. I thought of buy one for my grandfather.

Let me have a little introduction of my grandfather. For reader of previous post, this guy is not husband of my grandmother. He is father of my mother. My grand mother is mother of my father. My grandfather is a person who is extremely introvert. He seldom speak. In fact if you do not speak to him, he will not speak at all. Even though you speak to him, you have to hit his mood or you hit a wall.

Back to the bamboo chair. I budget RM20-RM30 for the chair, then I went off and have a look. I decided to buy a small one which is RM45 but the boss suggest a bigger and more comfortable one after I told him it is for my grandfather. He said it is hard for a old people to get up from a small chair because their legs are not as strong. So I ended up with a RM70 chair.

I brought home and present to my grandfather. At first, he ask me to give it to my grandmother. But at last he receive it. He like the chair very much. And he tell me tomorrow is his birthday. He took the chair happily as his 71st birthday gift. The most important thing is he present his annual smiley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet and warm ! Your grandfather will not ever forget the moment... I belive :)