Friday, January 26, 2007

Flood hit my home

Last Sunday night, my sister told me flood hit our hometown as I am away working in Kuala Lumpur. I was so nervous and start pray a short prayer to God after a long period of prayerless life.

Then I called my boss and apply 2 days of no pay leave. I rush back next morning. The normal road back to my hometown was block due to flooded. Luckily there is an alternative route going through jungle and small villages. A lot of flooded area along the route. Though I know my father's shop hasn't affected.

My father's shop is more than 40 years old. The wooden shop went through fire and flood. In short, it can collapse anytime. In addition, the land below the shop can slide anytime too.

I arrive home in the next morning and start to move goods from the shop. Thanks God that the sky is clear for 2 days. There are only 3 males moving the goods, my father, my uncle and myself. The work is hard but it is not stressful and in fact we are so happy to gather together as a family and work together - my father, my mother, my uncle, my girlfriend, three of my sister and myself.

My parents are so happy having us come back to help. They feel grateful and release after 17 years in fear working in the old wooden shop. God really turn bad thing into good.

No comments: