Monday, August 22, 2005

Church Visitor

I went to church for Sunday service this morning. Since I skip 3 Sunday services because of father's birthday and sister's graduation, people in the church treat me as a new visitor. One of the brother come to me and introduce himself. He ask me about myself too. He is a very friendly.

Out of a sudden, a brother who know me longer came to me and ask me to take care of a new visitor. I manages to practice immediately how to speak to a new visitor. ^_^ The new visitor is a Indian come from India. (Malaysia has around 10% of local born Indian population) The new visitor is able to speak simple English and understand simple English. He understands English better by reading.

I am a very introvert person who very seldom initialize a conversation. I started a conversation with the new visitor. He do not know Jesus at all. He works as a cleaner. He came to Malaysia for 2 years already. I plainly introduce Jesus as Saviour and God to him. During communion and offering session, I also take the opportunity to explain the meaning of communion and offering to him. I am really nervous honestly. Whatever it is God himself who is working. I should not nervous at all.

At the end, I gave him my bible. It is a very good bible given by my shepherd as my birthday gift. I just finish Old Testament recently. I hope God will speak to the Indian visitor and reveal himself through the bible.

(1 Corinthians 3:6-7) I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother, you did a good job for the sake of Christ!!! God Bless you for this extraordinary giving heart that God gifted to you. Continue your heart for those people who are in needed. Praise the Lord!!!