Monday, August 29, 2005

My Parents' Life


My parents are having vacation at one of the famous island in Malaysia - Redang island. Everytime they are going for vacation, if not a family trip, I will be operating their hardware retailer shop. As usual, I am operating the shop last weekend. This is one of the way to show my love to them.

Early in the morning, I have breakfast with my 2 younger sisters. They are helping me to operate the shop. They are really help to operate the kitchen as what my mother normally do. Then I read newspaper. Ocassionally when customer come in, I serves them. Stock up when necessary. Receive goods from supplier. It is more or less a routine task over time.

In these 2 days of weekend, I am thinking what if I do this for 20 years as what my father did. What motivate my parents to do this over and over again over more than 20 years? I guess because of 4 children to feed. Now, 2 of us are able to survive ourselves. Only my 2 younger sisters are still depends on them. Their burden is lighter now. Once I asked my father, what do you see your life? He said, "I am a business man. I do not break the laws. I manage a business and a family well." I triggered him about life after death. He said, "That is not my business." I asked him about his sin, which consider an offence in a trandisional chinese culture. My open-minded father give me tons of excuses which are too long to list here.

Eventually, God will definitely judge my parents on their standard. I should prevent this to happen. I definitely want my parents to be saved.

(Mark 5:19) Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."

No comments: