Friday, September 09, 2005

The Presence of God


One noon, I am bored of programming. So I went out of office during lunch time to have a walk. Over contemplate the verse, (Joshua 1:9) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." I bring God to comic shop since he say he will be with me wherever I go. On the way, I feel that God is following after me. I am not comfortable with his presence, because I am going to read comic depicting people fighting against each others. I leads God to comic shop and start my comic “devotion”. May be God is bored of comic he went away.

On the way back office, I am searching for God. He is not around. Can you imagine the creator of the world, the ruler of the heaven and earth and the almighty god follow you to comic shop to read comic? As I know him, he is humble but he is awesome too.

Most of the time, God is following behind me. But definitely this is not the way. He should right in front of me and lead me through my life. He is not the follower, I am. May be I should change my position today to walk after him.

(Psalm 23:1-4) The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

1 comment:

Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Very insightful. Thank you.