Sunday, October 16, 2005

Eager To Get Rich


In this highly competitive society, people are compare against each other. Who drive better car, who own bigger house, who have greater spending power. All this is the standard to evaluate a person success. I am not exempted, I want all this things too. I want to get rich and posses all these luxury material.

Then as a christian, I started to pray to the creator of all these things who is the ultimate owner. I prayed, “I want this and that. I know you are not going to give me now. I cannot wait. I am going to get it my way. Anyway, what do you think?” I am on fire to get rich immediately, but I would like to know what is Jesus advice on this. I guess he is not going to agree with me. I know Jesus quite well. What do you think his answer is?

Jesus asked, “Are you envy?”
I answered, “Good night my Lord.”

(Proverbs 28:19-22) He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty. A faithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished. To show partiality is not good, yet a man will do wrong for a piece of bread. A stingy man is eager to get rich and is unaware that poverty awaits him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have dad, and we know our dad will give or not give to us according to what kind of request we ask. i ask from my dad RM500, i am sure he will give me no matter how he collect the amount money. may be your dad wont give you even RM10 and ask you to earn by yourself. we know our dad's characteristics, so we will ask what he is going to give us, and wont ask what he will surely reject our request. what about heavenly father. same, as what you said yap, sometimes we know the answer..

Anonymous said...

furthermore, the most important thing is, He knows what we need. many things we thought is needed, is unnecessary, on contrary, he will provide us something out of our expectation, which is something we couldn;t see. i told wenping just now, something which is worthy, precious, is something when we close our eyes, we still can enjoy it, having it. simple to understand right? meaning that, if we are blind, actually many things that we have and wishing to have, is uneccessary liao. better to learn from blind and deaf people.

Anonymous said...

Forever a thin line exists, between want and need, between greed and diligence. It is a difficult line to follow for humankind does not have perfect vision.