Saturday, October 15, 2005

Self Evaluation


I am going to commit suicide. No, I am kidding. But I want to evaluate my role on earth.

As a christian, I rate myself 70%. I believe Jesus and follow his command as long as I can. But I do commit sin occasionally either visible or hidden. I do not know how is going to be on the Judgment Day. I should cut my sin by controlling myself.

As a boyfriend, I rate myself 70% too. I love my girlfriend. But sometimes when I fail to control my depression, I was rude to her. I should control my emotion better especially during the time when I was physically tire.

As a son, I rate myself 70% too. I love my parents and respect them all the time. But I spend too little time with them and make them worry of me. I should be stable and independent to cease their worry.

As a programmer, I rate myself 60%. I am bad in working and communicating. Actually I do not know what is good here, still 60% is given to my hard work.

As a brother in church, I rate myself 50%. I do attend some gathering and contribute as long as I can. But I really do not commit myself on it.

As a friend, I rate myself 40%. I do maintain complete set of contact of my friends. But that is merely record because I seldom contact them. I miss most of them actually.

As a brother, I rate myself 60%. I am not a good and caring brother from young. But I am improving since Christ as I feel. I start to ask and care of my three lovely sisters more. I should keep this up.

Isn't it a life long role playing? Who am I? I am all the above mentioned. It is not complicated but it is really challenging to get 100% for all roles. How is God going to rate me on the Judgment Day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's perspective is different from human's perspective. you might think you are 50, 60, 70% may be you are 100% from how God rating you, may be 0%, what do you think?
earning less money per month, people around you rate you low marks, but may be God's answer is: i am too busy and no time to rate..

Anonymous said...

Ask not what we will receive, instead rejoice in the giving for isn't giving the greatest gift of all for ourselves?