Monday, March 13, 2006

Resignation

I have tendered my resignation to my company. During the 1 year and 5 months in this employment, I tried my best in my works. No regret and no shame. But I have higher priority than that. I have my commitment to church. I do not want to fill my time with work, but wish to work something out for God. My commitment to company was doubted then. In fact it is not doubted but it is a known issue, because I make it known. I am not willing to work overtime for company. I want to participate church activity. There is a choice between church and company. When it crash, I start to lose heart to my work.

What I was doing for this 1 year and 5 months is work and only work. It seems meaningless. It does reduce my parents' burden and grew me technically. However, I believe these are not the purposes of God on me. Let me try another way with another two years of my life. Oh no, I do not have enough two years for me to test out. Anyway, since it is not right now, I have to get back and start all over again. The lesson learned is get a job which is not so demanding since career is not my main purpose of life. I used to be a workaholic but it seem not the right way to live. I wish my future employer will not see this. ^_^

(Exodus 6:6-8) Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”

Egypt is a powerful, rich and prosper nation. It is really good and enjoyable to live, but only if you are Egyptian. I am not.

No comments: