Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Door of Heaven


My friend's father just passed away because of cancer. This triggered me of my father too. My father is the one provides to my need since the first day I came to the world. He does not talk to me much but he is the most influential person in my life. He is a sacrificial father willing to sacrifice himself for the family. He is a faithful husband to my mother. He is a respectful son to my grandparents. He is a loving brother to my uncle and aunt. He is a trustful friend. He is a not so cunning business man. But he is not a christian. He jokingly said, “If heaven is so real, please open the door of heaven when I knock your door.” I have to find a way to open the door even before he is knocking. Suddenly I realize that I myself is actually the door of heaven to my family.

(Matthew 5:19) Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”

No comments: