Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Want

I define want as desire. I see it as extra. If I get it, it is extra; if I don't, it is nothing. If I have no money, it doesn't matter so much. So money is categorized as want. If I have no money, I have no food. Then money become need. (Psalms 23:1) The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Actually I do not really want anything. My life is so simple. 60% - Working, 10% - Church activity, 10% - Reading, 20% - Daily routine (include traveling around everyday back and forth work). I just pass my birthday, my family ask me what I want as birthday gift. I have no idea. They ask me go to buy by myself. Then, I go to buy a book.

Lord, I miss 1 meal out of 3 daily, I will die. You wouldn't interest on my life right? Then (Matthew 6:11) Give us today our daily bread. But can't you give in advance?

God say, (Matthew 6:25-34) "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

My Lord, this is really testing my faith. Honestly, I am really worry about tomorrow. Car installment, rental, and the most important breakfast. Ah, today is pass. Tomorrow is coming soon. I better have a sweet dream and go to check my bank balance tomorrow. I have my provision from heaven, no worry!!!

PS: Eternal destruction is not going to nothing, it is eternal separation from God and eternal suffering. Can I finally accommodate to eternal suffering? But I think better do not try, since it is eternal, it have no second chance, no U-turn. No tear heaven definitely better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen....

Although many time we do know that God is all provider in our life, we wont lack of anything necessary. God is always fully provide us what He knows that we needed to survive. Though we know that He is always there for us if we almost fall. Finally after we went through the trials and tests that He put in our lives, the blessings will come in abundance and our faith unto Him will increasing as well. Dont you think it is so easy and simple though to obey?!!

Somehow, we know all about God's biblica principles and what He has promised in the past, current and future. But, in times of sufferings, depressions, hopeless, futility....etc. We will try not to trust and accept His ways to settle what happen to us. Somewhat in our mind, we wanted to out of His ways(which seemingly procrastinate), and try our own "fastest" solution. Finally we are astray from Him, far away from Him....disobedience to Him...!!!Dont you agree?!!

What we need to do to always stay in the peace and grace of God is we stick to Him everyday in our lives. Dont allow surroundings to affect us instead of focus on God. If we try to focus on God in everything that we do, then i think it is not a really big deal for us to fall of His grace then.:)

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord" - Psalm 92:1 -