Saturday, April 23, 2005

Rest

Today is Saturday, I work for half day. I feel tired after a week of working. I go back home and have lunch. After lunch, I have nothing to do but wandering around living room. I am walking back and forth slowly. I want to do something, I do not want to waste my time wandering around doing nothing. But I am tired physically and emotionally. Finally, I went to bed. After 3 - 4 hours of sleeping. I still feel tired. Deep in my heart, I feel meaningless in my routine life. Never mind, I have Jesus who is my wonderful counselor.......

He says (Exodus 31:15) For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. (Note: Sabbath day is a day God design for man to rest.)

Wah, Jesus, are you going to put me to death? I have work to be done on Sabbath day also.
He says (Matthew 2:27) Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man made for Sabbath.”

Oh, thank you God for this special day you designed. But somehow I still feel tired in my soul. I feel weary and no energy to do anything. Though I sleep for a long time but I feel tired and meaningless in my life also. What is that? Hehe, as you guess, my lovely God always have his excellent answer for me.

He says (Matthew 11:28) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Finally, I go to study bible, listen to God and knowing that He has a plan for me. My current challenge is to honor what he assigned to me and make it excellent. Jesus is always my resting place. Amen.

No comments: