Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Funny Prayer

After 4 months, finally I finish reading a book with the title “A book of Prayer”. It is a book about prayer obviously. I learn a lot of purposes and ways of prayer. As a summary, prayer is a way to speak to God. We can speak to God freely, saying “God, I am poor, please bless me financially. My job is difficult, please grant me easy job.” God says, “Are you asking high paid easy job?” “Yes my God!” It is kind of funny prayer.

Once I challenged my father to pray to Jesus. He says, “Fine, I pray to hit lottery. If I hit then I believe.” It is kind of faithless and testing prayer.

Jesus says (James 4:3) When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

God do not grant us what we ask because it is no good for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

The power of Prayer is all out of our expectations. One's prayer can really change the world. So, in the bible God always challenge us to have a prayer's life. Through prayer, God wants to speak directly to us as well as listen to us. No doubt, a fervently prayer life is symbolized our faith to God. Isn't it?!!